Search for job at Directgov
The Department of Work and Pensions provides a job search service through the Directgov site using Universal Jobsearch. The jobs lists contain all advertised positions that have been electronically registered. The process is easy, and if you have a Universal Jobsearch account, you can save the results to your account. You do not need to create a Universal Jobsearch account to do a job search at directgov.
The premise behind the job search is to allow you to seek the position you want, in the area you wish to find work and by the skills that you either have or wish to acquire. This lets the computer sift through the results to return the closest possible matches of interest to you. If you are not finding what you are looking for there are two things you can try. The first is to reword the title of the job to be less specific. The second is to expand the radius around the geographical location you want to work in.
What you will need:
• A computer, laptop, smart phone or mobile device with an Internet connection
• Job Title
• Postal Code, City or Town of where work is desired
• Skills list (if desired)
Steps to perform a Job search at directgov:
1. Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.jobseekers.direct.gov.uk
2. Enter in the job title or position title you are seeking.
3. Enter in the postal code, city or town name where you would like to find a job.
4. You can enter in an optional set of skills that apply to the job, but this is not required.
5. Click on “Search.”
6. Click on the title links for jobs that are of interest to you to see their details.