How to join and register for Corrlinks
Corrlinks is available for inmates to communicate with family and friends while they are incacerated in prison. The Bureau of Prisons has made this email system the official way of allowing communication to held between inmates and those in the outside world. There is a fee that ranges from .15 cents per minute to .30 cents per minute. Not every inmate is allowed to use Corrlinks so you will need to verify if your friend or family member can have access to the system. Every incoming and outgoing message is allowed to be monitored and reviewed by the prison institution. No attachments such as pictures or documents are allowed and the email must be restricted to 13,000 characters or less. You will need to fund your account using a VISA or Mastercard. Messages are given to the inmate by the staff at the prison at a time that they choose. If a message is deemed as unacceptable is rejected, no refund is provided. Below is a guide on how to join the Corrlinks Program and start contacting the inmate of your choice.
Required to join the Corrlinks program:
A Computer or Laptop or Mobile Phone or tablet with access to the internet
Email with Identification code for a Federal Inmate OR Inmate Number
VISA or MasterCard
A Valid email
Other personal information
Steps to register to use the Corrlinks program:
Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.CorrLinks.com
In the New Users Box, select the “Register>>” button.
Enter in your First Name.
Enter in your Last NAme.
Enter in your email address twice.
Create a password and then enter it in twice.
Optional: enter in the Identification Code found on the invitation email
Tick the box agreeing to the terms and conditions and being over the age of 18.
You will receive a verification link to the email address you provided within 30 minutes.
Follow the instructions provided on the email.
Note: You might see a $1.01 charge immediately on your statement. This charged is made to validate your account but will be removed within 3-4 business days.
How to send a message using CorrLinks?
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: http://www.corrlinks.com
- Click on the Mailbox link.
- Click on the “New Message” button.
- Where it says “Click to add recipients”, click and then place a check in the box next to the inmate’s name
- Click on the “Ok” button.
- Proceed to type in a subject and the message you would like to send to the inmate.
- When you are finished, click the “Send Button” and check back later for a response.
How to add an alert your email when you have a message in CorrLinks?
- Copy and paste the following URL into your browser or if your system allows, click the link we have provided here: www.corrlinks.com
- Click on the “Account Management” link.
- Click on the “Manage My Inmate List” link.
- Click the box under “email alert “that will be found next to the inmate’s name.
Now an alert will be sent to the email address provided when you first registered.